How does the program of Honorary of Polish Congress Ambassadors work?
The programme is organised by the Polish Tourist Organisation and The Conferences and Congresses in Poland Association. It consists in encouraging people with overseas contacts, particularly scientists, businesspeople and specialists in various fields, to effectively attract international conferences and congresses to our country.
On November 24, 2011 Gdańsk & Region Congress Ambassadors Club was established. The oficial opening took place at PGE Arena Stadium in Gdańsk with the participation of Mr. Andrzej Bojanowski - The Vice Mayor of the City of Gdańsk.
Why is it worth becoming an Ambassador of Gdańsk?
Gdansk Convention Bureau supports Ambassadors in their activities promoting Gdańsk and Pomerania Region as the conference destination on the domestic and international meetings market.
Gdańsk Convention Bureau offers help to the local science, economic and sports circles, who are major organizers of international meetings. The help involves expertise support and consultancy during the application stage and further with the organization of the event (promotional materials, welcome and information desks, help of our Volunteers of Gdansk). What’s more, our assistance is free of charge.
- a thousand years’ tradition and history,
- the City of the ‘Solidarity’ movement,
- Gdańsk Nobel Prize Winners: Lech Wałęsa and Gunter Grass,
- famous Gdańsk citizens: Johannes Hevelius, Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit, Arthur Schopenhauer,
- location by the sea, beautiful landscapes and nature,
- national and international airline connections,
- diverse accommodation and conference offer: e.g. the Polish Baltic F. Chopin Philharmonic, AmberExpo, the facilities of the institutions of higher education.
Polish Congress Ambassadors from Gdansk & Region: